Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Happiness

 Happiness is a gift that we can all enjoy if we choose to; it enters your life when you let your thinking patterns take a more positive angle. Rather than coming to negative conclusions hastily, the key is taking time to think about a situation in its entirety. A new angle on things will reveal itself which will make you understand why things happen the way they do.

Learn to smile and laugh a lot more, it is infectious and soon you have others around you doing the same and time seems to pass by a lot better. We all have come across people who have been through all sorts or problems in life and yet they have not stopped laughing or smiling.  In fact, one of my closest friends is going through a pretty rough patch in life with her family. She is always smiling and laughing and acting as if nothing is happening. She is always in a happy silly mood even though things are pretty difficult at home. She is a perfect example to follow and she proves that even in difficult times she has not given up hope or given up on life.

To be loved gives a lot of happiness but to get this love you have to give it. Do not hesitate to show your love and care for those that need it the most. You will be surprised in what a little love to a person can do. Here's a challenge for you, tomorrow during school or work, go up to someone and compliment them. I know my youth pastor has told us to do this but now I'm challenging you to do it to. Happiness comes from giving to those around you. The irony of life is that that happiness lies in the simplest things of life and it does not have to cost a penny. Wouldn't it be sad if we spent our lives not being happy and making everyone else around us unhappy as well??


My definition of being happy is that it isn't what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy. It is what you think about it. For me, something as simple as living and being with my family makes me happy. I especially love Christmas and Thanksgiving because we all come together to celebrate the holidays and everyone's together and everyone's happy. I love being with all my family.



My family is a safe zone where I can be myself. I never have to explain myself to my family because they really know who I am. I can cry too hard or laugh too loud and never worry what they will think of me. It makes me happy knowing that I have a home to come back to after a long day at school and it especially makes me happy knowing that when I'm in college next year and not living with my family, they will always be open armed for me to come home for a weekend. I don't need to fear that someone may lie to me or hurt me because I know that my family will do the best things for me. Moreover, my family will give me advice if and when I need it, but they will not judge me.

While living with my family, I can see their beautiful faces and help them whenever I have the opportunity to, which always makes me happy. Some people say that, a person will change his or her thinking about happiness at each stage of life. They may be right, but one thing which I am sure that will never change is the hope of a healthy and happy family. Have you ever seen your sibling or close family member playing games or sports with their friends with a smile? I think the answer is "yes". With me, the times when my sister is playing "DJ" in the car and changing the song every 15 seconds cause she gets bored of the song, makes me happy because I know she's only being Sarah, her crazy wild self, and she's happy, or its when my mom has me run errands because my dad has her tied up at work answering phones, or its when my dad needs someone to ride the horses with him. He loves to ride the horses and I know it makes him extremely happy. It makes me happy knowing I can be there to help my family.

All in all, nothing is better than a family. I am happy because I have a home that's welcome to me all the time. I can love and be loved by every single person in my family. I hope that they can go with me to the end of life.

If you still live with your family, give them all your love. Try not to forget about your family and spend all your happiness on material things and forget the real meaning of happiness around you.





1 comment:

  1. You are such an amazing, beautiful young woman. God has blessed me by knowing you!

    ReplyDelete