Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Other Half!

There are no words to describe how much I love and adore my family! I was truly blessed to have such an amazing and inspiring family! I am very thankful to have a family who supports me in any decisions that I make. Along with that I have a considerate sister who is known as my other half.

I believe in the bonds of sisterhood. A sister can be your best friend, but will always be more than simply a best friend. She will always be there for me, in good times and bad. She truly knows me and understands me like no one else ever will.
I have one sister and her name is Sarah. I love my sister with all my heart. I will always appreciate everything shes done for me, big and small. I will always treasure the silly and serious times we've had together. I only hope that I have been and will always be the support system that she needs.

My sister has helped me through those hard and good times in my life. While she has always been very close to me, I only recently realized how much the support from my sister has influenced my life. She's more than just my best friend she is my sister! I get the joys of calling her both! There is something about a sister bond that will never break. Friends will come and go throughout the different stages of my life, but I am stuck with my sister forever. Every little argument between us is easily overcome. When I argue with my sister, we are laughing together again merely a few minutes later. I suppose that the bond between me and my sister is partly the fact that we are flesh and blood. But also because we have, well we don't have to but we choose to spend so much time together, we have to like each other. If we didn't, life wouldn't be as much fun as it is!

The second part of the bond is the love from one heart to another. We understand each other without ever having to explain ourselves. If I am upset, Sarah may not know exactly why, but she will immediately know what to do to cheer me up. My sadness is her sadness, and my happiness is her happiness. I share her feelings in return. When my sister accomplishes something, I am truly proud of her. There is no jealously between us. The bonds sisters share are completely genuine, which is something you have to worry about between friends. A friendship between sisters is unbreakable, unchangeable, and impossible to describe in words. Sisterhood is the ultimate friendship that lasts a lifetime.


My sister has taught me a lot of what I know, from how to flawlessly apply mascara (you have to move the brush side to side, not just up and down), how to have integrity in my relationships with God and others, how to have fun in life and to not care what others think of me. What she may have never realized is that the most important lesson she has taught me was the lesson of sisterhood: the importance of deep friendships that can exist no matter where we live, single or dating, and the daily problems that might bring us down.

Sisterhood has some serious spiritual growth applications. James says that we must "confess our sins to each other and pray for each other so that we may be healed" (James 5:16). The bible commands us to develop the kind of friendships in which we can confess our sins to one another, and trust that those with whom we are confessing to will not judge us, but instead, will life us up and pray for the healing of our sins. God gave us sisters and told us to live in a community with one another, not simply so that we won't get lonely, but so we can help one another grow, and get one another through the rocky places we all face on our spiritual paths.

I love you so much Sarah! You mean more to me then you'll ever know! I hope our relationship as sisters and best friends continue to grow as our lives are moving on!


No comments:

Post a Comment